Make Sunday night’s dinner easy with this tasty and vibrant rainbow rice.
Few of us feel like cooking on Sunday night, but this nutrient-rich twist on fried rice is an easy option that the whole family will enjoy. This Rainbow Rice packs a range of colours (and nutrients thanks to the wholefoods it contains), making it not only visually appealing, but nutritious as well. It also tastes great and you won’t spend all afternoon in the kitchen trying to prepare Sunday night’s dinner. Wins all round.
1½ cups long-grain rice
2 eggs, whisked
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red capsicum, diced
1 corn cob, kernels removed
1 carrot, diced
6 button mushrooms, diced
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup beans diced
2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
500g pork, diced
1 spring onion, sliced, to serve
1. Cook rice in rice cooker. Once cooked put in the fridge to cool.
2. Heat fry pan and make omelette with eggs. When cooked, dice them and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil over high heat and add garlic, capsicum, corn, carrot, mushrooms, peas and beans, cooking for 3 minutes.
4. Add pork and cook until almost cooked through.
5. Add rice, egg and soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve topped with spring onion.
J+L Lifestyle Tip: Make it fun by serving this Rainbow Rice in a noodle box. The kids will love it!
Fancy another dinner option? Try our Chicken Pesto Pasta.